HOLD ON TO YOUR GUTS AND GET READY FOR NATHANS FAMOUS HOT DOG EATING CONTEST 2022!
A 4th of July tradition for over 100 years is the spectacular Nathans Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest! It's the most disgusting, yet entertaining (you can't turn away) spectacle watched by millions every July 4th. During the competition, frankfurter eating legends muscle down as many hot dogs and buns as they can swallow in 10 minutes. And YES they have to keep them down. SERVPRO of Mission Viejo says "GO GET IT JOEY CHESTNUT (76 hot dogs and buns) and MIKI SUDO (48.5 hot dogs and buns)". Can they break their previous records?
HELP! The Inside Of My House Is Flooded From My Outside Sprinklers?
HELP! The Inside Of My House Is Flooded From My Outside Sprinklers? Yes, this can happen, believe it or not. If your outdoor sprinklers suffer some type of malfunction or are pointed in the wrong direction (towards your house, not the grass), you can get water damage. Water intrusion can happen through an open door, or even a closed door that has enough of a gap between the threshold and door to allow water to enter. Add in the fact that you have been gone on vacation and the house has been unoccupied for a week...and BOOM, you have water-soaked wood floors, drywall, and possibly even damaged furniture. No worries! SERVPRO of Mission Viejo's team are water damage experts. We can dry out the entire area and replace the damaged wood floors in no time, leaving your property "Like it never even happened."
SPRING TIME MOLD SUCKS!
The most common types of molds that you find around your home include:
- And more...
Several conditions need to be met for mold to survive:
- Moisture for mold to grow
- Source of food, such as wood or other porous surfaces.
- The right temperature
It's the last factor that allows mold to flourish in early Spring. Mold is kind of like Goldilocks. It can't be too cold or too hot for it to grow! Thankfully, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo are mold specialists. We can remove the mold-infested areas, disinfect with Benefact Decon 30 and restore the area to "Like it never even happened."
Call us today at (949)855-9992
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is independently owned and operated.
Why SERVPRO of Mission Viejo for Your Commercial Damages?
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” We specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage.
Insurance and Payment Information
For a stress-free claims process, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo works with your insurance to help manage the insurance process and paperwork.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Certified Firm with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification
- Lead Safe & EPA Certified Firm with the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- State of California - Contractors State License Board
How to Prepare Your Commercial Property From Heavy Rain
The spring is the season of rain. SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is here to make sure your commercial stays free of storm damage. Here are some precautions that can be made to avoid damage:
- Make Regular Roof Inspections & Repairs - Hot temperatures can be rough on roofs. Heavy rain can cause erosion and crack. Cracks let water in below causing leaks, mold, or flooding. Regular inspections and repairs can save a property a lot of money in the long run.
- Clear out Your Gutters - Make sure to clean out gutters, especially during the rainy season. Cleared gutters will avoid clogging and will allow water to flow thoroughly.
- Maintain & Inspect Joints and Windows - These areas could be potential for leaks. Materials may be worn down causing issues and damages to property.
- Be Prepared if There are Damages - If you experience water damage be prepared with any valuables that need to be backed up and protected. You will not have to worry if you have a team of specialists like SERVPRO of Mission Viejo. We are here to help with any size disaster.
Ready to help
Here at SERVPRO of Mission Viejo, we monitor wildfire situations closely. Our thoughts are with those neighbors who may be put in harms’ way during these events. In many cases, a wildfire can result in a total loss for a home or business, but it may be a partial loss in others or can result in mild smoke damage. If your home or business is affected by a wildfire, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is Here to Help®.
About SERVPRO of Mission Viejo:
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Fire or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (949) 855-9992
Clean Containment Provides Protection
When there is an unexpected pipe burst in your home and several rooms are affected, it's important to "contain" the situation to prevent further damage and to protect all adjacent rooms. SERVPRO of Mission Viejo's team of professionals are "containment experts". Prior to removing any wet, damaged carpet, drywall, flooring, cabinets, etc...SERVPRO's Emergency Service Team installs heavy plastic containment walls (including zippers for entry and exit) from floor to ceiling using non-damaging, safe tape to secure the plastic. In addition, all floors leading to the damaged areas are covered and protected, including outside walkways. Once the restoration is complete, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo removes the containments, leaving the entire property "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is independently owned and operated.
Prevent Kitchen Fires
Removing every possible source that could cause a kitchen fire is impossible, but it can be minimized. Here are a few tips on how to prevent a kitchen fire:
- Unplug electrical appliances when not in use. Appliances such as toaster ovens, coffee makers, etc... Just in case the wiring is old or faulty and causes a fire.
- Smoke Detectors. Install smoke detectors near the kitchen. That way it isn't triggered by small steam or smoke, but will sense an actual kitchen fire.
- Do NOT use metal in the microwave. The metal causes sparks in the microwave. It can damage the microwave, as well as start a fire.
- Do not overfill pots or pans with oil or grease. The hot oil or grease can spill or splatter and cause a fire.
- Never leave cooking food unattended. Make sure to always stay in the kitchen when something is cooking, especially at very high heat. Make sure to turn the stove or oven off if you have to take an important phone call that could distract you or if you need to leave the house.
Common Causes of House Fires
A home can easily catch fire in many different ways. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Cooking Equipment. Pots and pans can overheat and can easily cause a fire if the person cooking gets distracted.
- Heating Appliances. Portable heaters should be kept at least one yard away from anything that could easily catch on fire.
- Smoking. A cigarette that has not been put out properly can cause a small flame that could be lit for a few hours. If the flame comes into contact with any flammable materials it can cause flames to burst.
- Candles. Yes, we all want our homes to look and smell pretty, but never leave a room with a burning candle. Keep candles away from anything flammable. Blow candles out before leaving the room and going to bed.
- Faulty Wiring. Inadequate wiring causes fires. If your lights are dim when using other appliances, fuses blow the circuit frequently, or if the appliance only works by having to disconnect another then you may have bad wiring. Contact a licensed electrician if you have any of these occurrences.
- Barbecues. These are great for outdoor cooking and meals. Make sure to keep barbecues away from home, tablecloths, and any plants or tree branches. Check the gas tank for any leaks before using it.
- Lighting. Lampshades build up the heat if they are too close to the light bulbs. Keep lamps in areas where they can not be easily knocked over.
- Christmas Trees. Real Christmas trees tend to dry out over time, and by the end of the holiday season. They can cause a very serious flash fire. A hot light or a spark can immediately set the tree aflame, and cause fires to spread quickly.
Roof Leaks? Tarp Properly To Avoid Disaster!
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo was called out to mitigate water damages from a roof leak due to the tarp blowing away during a storm.
If you experience roof leaks during the rainy season, it is very important to tarp your roof properly to avoid serious damage. Roof tarps should be nailed/stapled down every 12" to avoid ripping and (or) blowing off during storms. In addition, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo advises placing sandbags around the perimeter to ensure the tarp is completely secure. If the tarp rips or blows off, a lot of water can penetrate through the attic and eventually make its way into the house. This can cause significant water damage to the interior and possibly a mold issue in the future. SERVPRO of Mission Viejo takes great care of our customers when called upon to mitigate water damage from roof leaks, by properly securing the roof tarp to avoid further damage.