What Cause a Slab Leak?
There are many ways a home can be affected by water damage. One of the most causes is slab leaks. A slab leak is a leak that has developed in the copper water lines running below the concrete foundation of your property. Now let's talk about what can cause these leaks.
- Improper Construction: This can be the most common cause of slab leaks which is improperly installed or poor-quality pipes.
- Outside Pressure: Pressure on the pipes can come from the property slightly moving due to an earthquake or soil erosion.
- Poor Water Quality: Keep an eye on your water's pH level. Water that is considered hard or acidic can corrode pipes. You can identify the water quality by looking for blue or green stains which would identify water as neutral.
- Abrasion: This is also another common reason for slab leaks. During regular use, the pipes rub against concrete, gravel, other materials, or other nearby pipes. The constant friction can cause them to gradually wear down and cause leaks. Mainly happens with hot water pipes because they expand as they heat up.
- Time: Older homes have a higher risk as they have had extended periods of pressure on pipes. Sometimes slab leaks in older homes require new pipes rather than repairing them. It is important to keep an eye out for irregularities to help prevent slab leaks as well.
24/7 Water Damage Services
24/7 Water Damage Services - RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL
- 24-Hour, 7-Days - We are here to help
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours neither do we. SERVPRO of Mission Viejo arrives within the hour to avoid any additional damages. Immediate action is needed when you suffered water damage. We avoid any personal belongings from getting damaged, as well as attempting to dry drywall and flooring. If water damage is felt longer than 48 hours it could develop mold, and worsens the damages. We are here to make it “Like it never even happened.”
If You Have Water Damage - Call Us Today at (949) 855-9992
Contacting Your Insurance Company for Storm Damage
It is uncommon to have a serious storm blow through here in Southern California, but it is not impossible. But for even the most maverick homeowners, some storms/flooding is a slight bit too much. When paired with a bit of wind, even a thunderstorm that is severe enough can have long-lasting implications. Fortunately, our services here at SERVPRO are at your full capacity. We are a local restoration company that can provide emergency response at immediate notice!
Contacting Your Insurance
Sooner rather than later, you'll want to make a property loss report with the insurance provider. It is best to call your insurance company, which will guide you through the process of claiming. If you have a preferred emergency restoration company you are working with for the damages, the insurance company may ask. To assess the damage and decide how much your claim is worth, they could even send an insurance adjustor. Or they can use a trained repair firm to record, review and start the damage cleanup.
For 24/7 storm damage recovery in Orange County, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is here to help. Call us at (949)855-9992
Commercial Property - Mold
Did you discover mold in your commercial property? SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is here to help. We can help inspect and assess your commercial property. To help prevent microbial growth it is good to reduce moisture. Mold could be sneaky. A commercial property owner can try some strategies to control interior mold by regularly inspecting for moisture damages that may be unseen. Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return. If you have a microbial infestation at your property, we can help. For more information on SERVPRO of Mission Viejo mold services, visit Mold Restoration Process.
If You See Signs of Mold or Think You May Have Mold,
Call Us Today – (949) 855-9992
Ways to Prevent Commercial Water Damage
Water damage is not something we can prevent but we can prepare for. SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is available 24 hours a day to restore your Mission Viejo property and get you back to business. Here are some helpful tips to help prevent water damage to your commercial property. Conduct Regular Inspections - Conduct frequent and thorough inspections for pipes, fans, utility rooms, roofs, and HVAC components. Locate Shut-off Valves - Employees should know where the major water shut-off valves are just in case of any emergencies. Keep Valuable Stock Secure - Keep all expensive purchases in a safe company area to avoid any damages. Have Back-Up - In case of a flood, computers and other electrical items should be backed up to prevent anything critical paperwork or information from getting lost
Prevent Roof Leaks/Damage
Are you prepared for the rain? Many residence experience a roof leak during the rainy season. Here are a few tips to help prevent your home from experiencing a roof leak:
- Get regular roof inspections
- Pay attention to roof flashing
- Do not block ventilation
- Maintain gutters
- Keep trees away from home
- Replace missing or torn shingles IMMEDIATELY
Getting a professional to inspect your roof can help prevent a roof leak as they have the ability to spot signs of early damage. If there are no tight flashings around vents or wall/roof junctions, water can enter the home and cause damage. Attic ventilation will help prevent the home from damage caused by moisture and mold. Improper ventilation caused heat and moisture to build up causing damage to insulation, rotting, and shingles to buckle. Keep gutters and downspouts unclogged to prevent water from backing up under the roof material. Keep trees trimmed and away from home to keep gutters clean. Maintain your roof to prevent any damage.
If you experience a roof leak, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is always here to help. We will come to your service immediately and help get your roof covered as soon as possible to help prevent any further damage.
Services Performed From Beginning to End
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is committed to personal customer services from beginning to end. We are available to clients at any time of day during the job process. From the moment we receive your emergency, you will be our main priority. We like to reassure our customers that we will take care of them. As well as always being available to fulfill their needs. Our office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our clients can lean on us to get the work completed. From our initial inspection to any pack-out services, mitigation, restoration, and pack-back services, SERVPRO will be here along the way to help you during any unfortunate damages. We are always here to help and make the job "Like it never even happened."
Here at SERVPRO of Mission Viejo, our techs are highly trained in property damage restoration. Rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge and certifications to restore your property.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Certified Firm with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification
- Lead Safe & EPA Certified Firm with the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- State of California - Contractors State License Board
For a stress-free claims process, SERVPRO works with your insurance to help manage the insurance process and paperwork. We are preferred vendors for many insurance companies. Companies like Allstate, Farmers, MetLife, State Farm, and many more.
How to be Prepared for a Storm
Thunderstorms can be very dangerous at times. SERVPRO wants to help you and your family be prepared for any bad storm conditions. Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Go indoors when you hear thunder
- Pay attention to any alerts and warnings
- Unplug appliances
- Cut down or trim trees that may be in danger of falling on your home
- Secure garbage cans, outdoor furniture, and outdoor contents
- Clean out gutters to reduce flooding from occurring, and to allow rainwater to easily flow
- Rake up leaves to avoid any flying debris
- Have extra flashlights and batteries in case the power goes out
- Have extra food along with non-perishable foods and lots of water
- Make an emergency family kit
- Ensure mobile phones are fully charged
Water and fire emergencies don't wait for regular business hours. Don't wait for companies that have regular business hours. You can avoid further damages by contacting SERVPRO. Why should you? SERVPRO of Mission Viejo provides emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are dedicated to responding to any size disaster. No job is ever too large. Arriving quickly helps to avoid any further damages. We like to help minimize any damages by arriving quickly. SERVPRO is here to help reduce damage, cleaning, and restoration costs. If you are interested to see a typical water loss process please visit Water Process Overview. We want to make sure our customers feel secure and safe during the entire water or fire damage process.