SERVPRO of Mission Viejo Sponsors CACM Event
Monday, October 4th, 2021 SERVPRO of Mission Viejo sponsored hole #6 at the annual California Association of Community Managers golf tournament in Aliso Viejo, CA. Players were thrilled at the opportunity to take their picture with "Tiger Woods", who was hanging out at SERVPRO of Mission Viejo's sponsored hole. SERVPRO's VP of Commercial Marketing, Heidi Emmert, was honored to meet folks from Powerstone Property Management, First Service Residential, PCM, StoneKastle and many more commercial and residential property management firms. SERVPRO of Mission Viejo specializes in 24hr Emergency Service fire, flood and mold cleanup, and restoration and is a 30 year licensed contractor.
Office Fire in San Juan Capistrano
In San Juan Capistrano, an electrical box had caused a fire in a residential home office. This before picture shows the damages the fire left behind. Not only was the entire office affected, but the entire home also required fire smoke cleaning due to heavy debris. The homeowners were very worried about the items they thought could not be salvaged. SERVPRO OF MISSION VIEJO attempted to salvage as much of the resident's personal contents as possible and was successful.
SERVPRO OF MISSION VIEJO was called in to clean up and restore the aftermath. The homeowners were amazed and pleased with our quick and prompt services. The residential home was left as if the fire had never even happened. The homeowners were thrilled to be back on their property.
Large Commercial Water Loss
At 11:00 am on Sunday, Mother's Day, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo received an emergency call regarding a major flood in a 45,000 square foot commercial building. Owner Nick Macalello answered the call and met the building owner at the site within 30 minutes! It was immediately determined that a 2" pipe had burst in one of the offices sometime during the prior 24hrs causing the entire building to flood. Within 1 hour of the initial contact, there was a SERVPRO team of technicians on-site extracting water from the commercial building. Over the course of the next 7 days, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo had 80 technicians working to remove all wet floors, carpets, lift furniture onto blocks and begin packing out the offices. At the same time, SERVPRO began the drying process which included 375 air movers and 65 dehumidifiers. The mitigation process for this large water damage was swift and complete within 7 days. Following the water damage, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo also completed the restoration/construction. The SERVPRO team returned the commercial building to its preloss condition. "Like it never even happened." The owner of the building was extremely happy with the results and highly recommends SERVPRO of Mission Viejo.
Prevent Kitchen Fires
Removing every possible source that could cause a kitchen fire is impossible, but it can be minimized. Here are a few tips on how to prevent a kitchen fire:
- Unplug electrical appliances when not in use. Appliances such as toaster ovens, coffee makers, etc... Just in case if the wiring is old or faulty and causes a fire.
- Smoke Detectors. Install smoke detectors near the kitchen. That way it isn't triggered by small steam or smoke, but will sense an actual kitchen fire.
- Do NOT use metal in the microwave. The metal causes sparks in the microwave. It can damage the microwave, as well as start a fire.
- Do not overfill pots or pans with oil or grease. The hot oil or grease can spill or splatter and cause a fire.
- Never leave cooking food unattended. Make sure to always stay in the kitchen when something is cooking, especially at very high heat. Make sure to turn the stove or oven off if you have to take an important phone call that could distract you or if you need to leave the house.
Ready to help
Here at SERVPRO of Mission Viejo, we monitor wildfire situations closely. Our thoughts are with those neighbors who may be put in harms’ way during these events. In many cases, a wildfire can result in a total loss for a home or business, but it may be a partial loss in others or can result in mild smoke damage. If your home or business is affected by a wildfire, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is Here to Help®.
About SERVPRO of Mission Viejo:
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Fire or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (949) 855-9992
How to Prepare Your Commercial Property From Heavy Rain
The spring is the season of the rain. SERVPRO of Mission Viejo is here to make sure your commercial stays free of storm damage. Here are some precautions that can be made to avoid damages:
- Make Regular Roof Inspections & Repairs - Hot temperatures can be rough on roofs. Heavy rain can cause erosion and crack. Cracks let water in below causing leaks, mold, or flooding. Regular inspections and repairs can save a property a lot of money in the long run.
- Clear out Your Gutters - Make sure to clean out gutters especially during the rainy season. Cleared gutters will avoid clogging and will allow water to flow thoroughly.
- Maintain & Inspect Joints and Window - These areas could be potential for leaks. Materials may be worn down causing issues and damages to property.
- Be Prepared if There are Damages - If you experience water damage be prepared with any valuables that need to be backed up and protected. You will not have to worry if you have a team of specialists like SERVPRO of Mission Viejo. We are here to help with any size disaster.
Why SERVPRO of Mission Viejo for Your Commercial Damages?
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” We specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage.
Insurance and Payment Information
For a stress-free claims process, SERVPRO of Mission Viejo works with your insurance to help manage the insurance process and paperwork.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Certified Firm with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification
- Lead Safe & EPA Certified Firm with the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- State of California - Contractors State License Board
Common Causes of House Fires
A home can easily catch fire in many different ways. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Cooking Equipment. Pots and pans can overheat and can easily cause a fire if the person cooking gets distracted.
- Heating Appliances. Portable heaters should be kept at least one yard away from anything that could easily catch on fire.
- Smoking. A cigarette that has not been put out properly can cause a small flame that could be lit for a few hours. If the flame comes into contact with any flammable materials it can cause flames to burst.
- Candles. Yes, we all want our homes to look and smell pretty, but never leave a room with a burning candle. Keep candles away from anything flammable. Blow candles out before leaving the room and going to bed.
- Faulty Wiring. Inadequate wiring causes fires. If your lights are dim when using other appliances, fuses blow the circuit frequently, or if the appliance only works by having to disconnect another then you may have bad wiring. Contact a licensed electrician if you have any of these occurrences.
- Barbecues. These are great for outdoor cooking and meals. Make sure to keep barbecues away from home, tablecloths, and any plants or tree branches. Check the gas tank for any leaks before using it.
- Lighting. Lampshades build up the heat if they are too close to the light bulbs. Keep lamps in areas where they can not be easily knocked over.
- Christmas Trees. Real Christmas trees tend to dry out over time, and by the end of the holiday season. They can cause a very serious flash fire. A hot light or a spark can immediately set the tree aflame, and cause fires to spread quickly.
Mission Viejo Residents
ATTENTION ALL MISSION VIEJO RESIDENTS:
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo specializes in water damage clean-up and restoration of residential and commercial property.
Water Damage Mitigation and Restoration Services:
We specialize in disasters of all sizes; no damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO. You can also expect an immediate response time.
We are General Contractors licensed by the State of California. We can do the restoration work after the water damage mitigation is complete.
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial water damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas.
Our restoration service is the process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition.
For services or questions, please call us at (949) 855-9992 today.
SERVPRO of Mission Viejo trained professionals can make the restoration process much simpler by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keep costs low. We can provide the progression by overseeing a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to its full functionality.
Restoration may involve minor repairs; here is a list of some of the things we offer:
- Appliance Installation
- Cabinetry Installation
- Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Linoleum, Marble, and Tile Floor Repair & Installation
- Carpet Pad Replacement & Installation
- Drywall Installation
- Dry Cleaning
- General Contracting
- Painting and many more
For Building and Reconstruction Services, please contact us today at (949)855-9992